Telephone: 01202 517333, option 1
You may ring the surgery for the results of tests but please remember the following points:
- Results will only be given to the specific patient to whom they apply. In the interest of confidentiality please be prepared to identify yourself. Please do not phone for results for relatives/friends without prior arrangement (written consent may be required).
- The surgery tends to be at its quietest at the end of morning and afternoon surgeries and the reception staff will have more time to deal with your enquiry. Checking results is time consuming and requests at other times may result in you being asked to call back. If at all possible ring between 11.30am-1pm and after 4pm.
- You will need to know the test results you require. Some tests take longer than others to process. If you have had several tests then the reception staff will not necessarily know whether all the results are back unless you can identify them.
- Please do not expect the reception staff to have any medical knowledge. They are instructed to tell you if the test is normal. If any test is abnormal or you require further discussion or interpretation then please refer to your doctor.
- You can access your results online by setting up the Detailed Coded Record option through SystmOnline online access - ask at Reception if you wish to register, for which you will need to show Photo ID.